COLLECTION. Personally identifiable information or “PII”refers to information that is connected to Your name and may include things such as Your email address, mailing address, or telephone number.
Gingr collects PII when Users voluntarily submit it to us. For example, You may choose to submit PII to Gingr in a comment card, request for products or services, a sweepstakes entry, or if You participate in a contest, game, survey, or loyalty program. Gingr may also collect PII about You from reputable third parties.
In addition to PII, Gingr may collect other information from Users using the following technologies:
- Cookies."Cookies" are small bits of information that the Site places on the hard drive of Your computer. Cookies remember information about Your activities on the site to make Your visits to the Site more enjoyable and valuable to You by providing a customized experience and recognizing Your preferences when You visit the Site. If You've chosen to disable cookies on your browser, some of the functionality of the Site may be lost. Certain web pages or services provided by Gingr, require that cookies be enabled in Your browser and cannot be used when You have disabled cookies in Your browser.
- Flash Cookies.(also called Local Shared Objects or “LSOs”). Flash cookies are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services.
- Web beacons or clear pixels.Web beacons are small graphic images on a Web page or in an email that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements that You select, or tracking the performance of email marketing campaigns.
- Web server logs.Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages You request to Your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term You entered or the link You clicked to bring you the webpage. The Web server log also may record information about Your browser, such as Your IP address and the cookies set on Your browser by the server.
Gingr has the right to participate in behavioralbased advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about Your use of the Site so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to Your interest. That advertising may appear either on the Site, or on other web sites.
USE. Gingr’s primary purpose in collecting information is to provide you with products, services, information, and advertisements that match Your interests. Gingr may also use information to conduct research and analysis, or to improve the Site or Gingr products and Services.
There may be instances when Gingr may disclose PII without providing You with a choice in order to protect the legal rights of Gingr, other affiliated companies or their employees, agents, and contractors; to protect the safety and security of other Users; to protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or to comply with the law or legal process. In addition, if Gingr sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, Gingr may transfer your PII to a third party as part of that transaction.
SECURITY. We use reasonable measures to help prevent PII from becoming disclosed to individuals who are not described in this policy. While Gingr attempts to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and Gingr cannot promise that information about You will remain secure in all circumstances.
ACCESS & CHOICE. Gingr has implemented the following procedure that You may use to access, correct, or delete Your PII, or choose how Your information is used:
- If You would like to know the types of information that Gingr collects from Users to its Site or through its Services, please email or write Gingr at the addresses listed below under the Section titled “Communication.”
- If You would like to know whether Gingr has collected PII about You please send us the activities and Services that You participated in on the Site that requested PII. After reviewing the relevant databases, Gingr will confirm whether Gingr has collected such information about You and provide a list of Your PII that we have on file.
- If Your PII is incorrect, You may correct the PII by sending a written request for correction to Gingr's Privacy Officer at the address below. Your request must include (1) all of the incorrect PII that You wish to change, (2) the corrected PII, and (3) Your signature authorizing such changes. Gingr will then correct the PII in our database and send a written confirmation to You.
- If You wish to stop receiving email marketing communications from Gingr, please use the unsubscribe link found in any email you’ve received from us. If not available, please contact the Privacy Officer whose contact information is found below.
- Some web browsers and devices permit You to broadcast a preference that You not be “tracked” online. At this time Gingr does not modify Your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast.
Other Contractual Relationships.If You enter into a separate contractual relationship with Gingr which requires, or contemplates, collecting, using, sharing, or securing information about You in a manner that is different than that which is described in this policy, the terms of that agreement will apply.
Notice to California Residents.Under California Civil Code sections 1798.831798.84, California residents who have an established business relationship with Gingr are entitled to ask Gingr for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. This notice will identify the categories of information shared with and will include a list of the third parties with which it is shared, along with their names and addresses. If You are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to Gingr at the addresses listed below under the Section titled “Communication.”
Children.The Site is intended for general audience and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13.
COMMUNICATION.If You have questions or concerns regarding Gingr’s collection and use of Your PII or any other privacy or security issue, please contact:
Attention: Gingr Privacy Officer
1600 Range St, Suite 102
Boulder, CO 80301 USA
If Gingr needs, or is required, to contact You concerning any event that involves information about You we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.
Effective as of: 7/7/2015