Comprehensive, integrated features
From the start, we built user-friendly features based on our experience running a busy dog daycare and boarding facility. We continue to release new features based on the feedback & needs of over 3,000 kennel techs and business owners using Gingr.
Gingr is a streamlined all-in-one solution. No 'modules' to navigate. It's all integrated.
Pet and client management
Easily find client and pet information and improve customer service with streamlined tracking of information.
- Customize your registration forms and pet forms
- Pet and client photos for easy identification
- Easily find animal/owners with predictive search fields
- Automatic warnings for expired vaccinations, unsigned forms, incidents, allergies, and medical alerts
- Automatic reminders sent to customers for reservations and vaccination expirations
- Customizable (icon+color+name) animal tags/icons
- Upload unlimited files to customer accounts
- Receive faxes & emails (with attachments) directly into Gingr**
- Barcode key-tags for clients
- Incident reports
- Temperament designations
- Send faxes**
- Log phone calls
Less phone tag, less paperwork. Many of our customers achieve over 90% online booking, saving them hours of staff time each day.
- Mobile-friendly online customer 'portal' for account set-up and reservation/appointment requests
- Easily link from your website
- Manage reservation requests for multiple locations
- Brand your portal with your logo, contact information, etc.
- Electronically signed agreements stored in client profile
- Customers can update pet information easily.
- Customers can upload vet records
- Customers can view photos and videos of their pets
- Customers request reservations/appointments
- Confirm reservations with auto-generated emails and SMS*
- Auto-wait list when you are already at capacity
- Customers can pre-pay deposits.
Streamline and never lose track of reservations, capacity limits. Speed up check-in and check-out procedures to improve customer service and reduce staff time and costs.
- Manage capacity by reservation type, overall facility capacity and special dates
- Recurring and multiple reservation scheduling
- Wait list management
- Auto-reminders sent to customers before reservation start-date
- Easy 1-click check-In, 1-click check-out (with package credit)
- Auto-alert if expired vaccinations at check-in
- Quick check-In multiple pets from multiple owners, and for walk-in customers
- Optional check-in questions to prompt your staff to check the details
- Auto-print run-cards
point of sale
- Automate pricing rules for multiple pets, late check-outs and peak holiday rates (and many more)
- Customize your coupon system
- Flexible pre-paid packages/punch-cards (with expiration)
- Barcode scanner integration
- Integrated credit card payments for fast processing
- Recurring package subscriptions
- Save customer credit card info securely encrypted
- Electronic signature capture for credit card
- Self-tip capture
- Financial reports
- Automatically emailed receipts
- Integrate with printer-cash drawer combination
- Easily change reservations right from the calendar with drag-and-drop functions
- Easily manage lodging transfers/split reservations across multiple runs, even manage multiple pricing across runs
- Same-day lodging management for pets leaving and checking in
facility / apppointment Calendar
- Manage appointments for groomers and trainers
- Daily, weekly and monthly views
- Drag and drop appointments to reschedule, or re-assign to another specialist
- Schedule appointments right from the calendar
- Open appointments to view details, mark as complete.
marketing & Engagement
- Integrated marketing features
- Easily send marketing emails to sortable groups of customers (expired vaccinations, no recent reservations, etc)
- Create and send photo, video, and text Report Cards via email and SMS*
- Open/Click/Bounce rate analytics on all emails
- Branded customer-facing site for customer account management
- Automatic customer vaccination reminder email
- Customizable and robust post check-out surveys
- Multi-location marketing functions
- Track efficacy of ad campaigns w/ custom phone numbers**
- Employee time-clock
- Employee notification system
- email, text (SMS*), push to device and in-browser
- Comprehensive user permission management
- Employee to-do lists
- Daily checklist
- Commission reports
- Feeding, Medication & Weight reports (both in-app and printable)
- Weekly stats email for owners
- Financial reporting for easy entries into accounting software
- Print or export to excel
Integrate with other software
- Access all your data on-the-go, from any internet connected device.
- Automate push-notifications to your mobile device.
*Included in USA & Canada only. Other countries may incur additional fees. ** USA & Canada Only. An additional charge of $50/year will apply so you have a dedicated phone number for faxes.
Pricing and Guarantee
Gingr is dedicated to your success, which is why we provide:
1. VALUE-BASED SALES CONSULTATION
Our sales consultants will help you with your diligence and to ensure that Gingr is the right 'fit' for your business, and identify how the software will help you save time and money - even increase your income.
2. Live chat and email support
You'll need less support with our easy-to-learn and reliable software. That said, we're here to help with live chat and email support. Live chat is available 8AM-5PM, M-F Mountain time (UTC-7) and email support is available 24x7x365 (yes, even Christmas).
3. Dedicated setup support
Our setup specialists will meet with you for up to four (4), 45-minute one-on-one online setup meetings to help you along the way. Most apps require only 2-3 support meetings.
4. Easy staff Training features
We offer extensive resources to make training easy, including documentation and videos.
5. 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
If you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase after thirty days and wish to discontinue service, we’ll refund you every penny you’ve paid us for your subscription.
6. On-going user-influenced new features and updates
Gingr is constantly innovating - keeping us the most advanced and up-to-date software in the industry. An enthusiastic group of customers - some of the industry's best and brightest pet-care service providers - continue to drive us in developing new features. You are in great company with other Gingr users and our development team!
7. unlimited number of employees, runs, customer accounts
Our flat-rate pricing allows you to grow your business without worrying about add-on charges as your data needs grow.
ANNUAL: $114.25/MONTH/per LOCATION: BILLED annually
+ $200 ONE-TIME START-UP PAYMENT
MONTHLY: $127/MONTH/per LOCATION: BILLED monthly
+ $300 ONE-TIME START-UP PAYMENT
The one-time, setup fee includes your basic app setup, (4) 45-minute live setup calls, and a free template for your data import. Free email and live-chat support is included with all subscriptions. If you need assistance getting your data into the data import template, a $500 non-refundable fee will apply. Additional setup calls are available for $50/call.
- Any computer, tablet or mobile device that does not run Windows XP or Android <= 2.3
- An internet connection (min. 5 MbPS download speed) http://speedtest.net
- The employee side of Gingr is not supported in Internet Explorer. Chrome, Firefox, and Safari (versions 9+) work great!
- The pet parent side of Gingr is not supported in Internet Explorer < 9. IE 9, 10, 11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari work great!
About Gingr kennel and daycare software
Gingr is cloud-based software. Access from anywhere, with unlimited users logged in at any time.
Gingr streamlines your reservations, calendars, pet & client information, feeding & medication tracking, POS transactions and credit card payment processing. The app also integrates customer-engagement with automated email/text reminders & CRM-marketing emails.
Gingr helps manage your employees, with a built-in time-clock, groomer & trainer calendars, commission reports, daily checklists, individual to-do lists and numerous user-permission & notification settings.
Who uses Gingr? Successful dog daycare, boarding, training and grooming businesses.
Secure & Reliable
Gingr's uptime is remarkable and our cloud encryption is industry-leading. Fear not the hard-drive crash. We've got you covered.
- Live, hot & cold backups. Your data is safe & sound
- Saves credit cards for one-click use
- 24/7/365 monitoring of the application, firewall, and database security
Customizable & Flexible
Gingr is adaptable to your needs and we're always listening for more ways we can help solve your problems. We provide new features regularly, at no extra charge.
- Easily set up your registration form, pricing, packages, coupons, and reservation types
- Customize your email and text message templates
- Customize registration forms and agreements
What our customers are saying...
We know what it's like to run a busy dog daycare and boarding business. After using pen, paper, whiteboards and old desk-top software, we knew there had to be a better way, so we created it.
Gingr was conceived in 2013 when Lee Salminen, a software engineer and consultant (and regular DDC customer), recognized the pain kennel and daycare owners experienced with existing software solutions, and that it could all be so much easier...
A partnership to alleviate this pain was formed when Lee linked up with local doggy daycare manager, entrepreneur, and obsessive product developer, Aaron Nichols.
By good fortune, Mark Tracy, a Boulder-based merchant service provider was introduced to Lee and Aaron to help them bring credit card processing online. It became apparent that expanding the partnership to bring credit card processing in-house was in everyone's best interest, and would greatly improve the product offering.
Through months of meticulous development and real-world testing, Gingr was born! And we must say she's quite the elegant and well-mannered pup. We believe she's exactly the kind of working dog any savvy pet care entrepreneur would want on their team.
The "Tech" guy
Lee is a software engineer and entrepreneur whose career has included internet marketing, web design, and developing life-saving tools and processes for the world's largest disaster response organizations. Lee resides in beautiful Boulder, CO. In his free time, he is enjoying the outdoors with his 2 dogs - Finnlee and Ginger.
the "experience" guy
Alongside a 16-year career in pet services (DDC, boarding, pet-sitting...), Aaron previously founded Ready-Me, a purveyor of high-end emergency preparedness equipment. Aaron brings his passions for product development and pet care to Gingr. Living in Boulder, CO, in his free time, he enjoys the simple pleasures of life, like stretching, reading, and playing with dogs.
THE “CREDIT ” GUY
Mark's career is multi-faceted; director with a Fortune 50 corporation, co-founder of a healthcare technology start up, and owner of his own retail business. In his retail business Mark experienced frustration with the merchant service industry that led him to search for a better approach to accepting credit cards. Since 2008 Mark has worked to help business owners navigate and save within this often-confusing industry.
He lives in Boulder with his wife, daughter, and two mischievous cats.
Ginger is Lee's 3 year-old Red Heeler. Without her (and her rambunctious personality), none of this would have ever happened.
Meet the Peeps! - the people that keep it all running smoothly
We are all based out of Boulder, Colorado.
Did you know that Boulder is surrounded by more than 31,000 acres of recreational open space and nature preserves?